Friday, April 11, 2008

One Stronger

There has been this new commercial out on T.V. I love it. I don't even remember the product it was selling, but I think it is for some type of heart-healthy cereal. In the commerical the actors are doing certain tasks and the tag-line is "One stronger." And I am pretty certain that at the end there is a women eating her heart-healthy cereal, and it says, "One Bowl Stronger." Does anyone else know what commercial I am talking about?

Anyway, I love it. I have thought about it often, especially as a motivator for me to get up in the morning and do my exercise, or throughout my day when I am tired. I think to myself: "I am one mile stronger." "I am one bicep curl stronger." "I am one stair stronger."

Today, as I spent nearly 5 hours doing intense research for a professor (as part of my research assitantship job) I had to keep telling myself, "I am one journal article stronger."

I hope that others can use that line of thinking too. It is so important I think, especially for all the little things. Let's all of us be some things stronger. One scripture study stronger. One prayer stronger. One kind word stronger. One grueling run stronger. One plate of veggies stronger. It will all add up, I know it will. So be one stronger.

3 comments:

k.young said...

I just love you!

Erin said...

I love it- you are such a social worker I feel blessed to have all our classmates influence you all make me one day stronger

Project Solstice said...

the cereal is Kellogg's Smart Start. couple of varieties, really very tasty!! I love the commercials, too!!